The Project activity log gives you quick access to a timeline of past project actions. Once you have a project open, you can view the log by clicking the (“history”) icon at upper left in the project toolbar.
Opening a recently-updated file by clicking on its name in the project log is often the quickest way to get back to a file you were just working on.
Each time a file is opened with the CoCalc editor, a log entry is created with the timestamp and the name of the user who opened the file. The name of the file is a link that lets you open the file in your session.
Note that each event in the log has the name of the project owner or collaborator who caused that event. You can enter the name of a user in the log filter (“Search log…” - see below) to view the activities of a specific collaborator.
Here is a list of project activities that cause log entries to be created:
- changing project upgrades
- inviting a CoCalc user to become a collaborator
- inviting a person without a CoCalc account to become a collaborator
- loading a code snippet.
- loading documentation and sample code from the project library
- opening a file
- acting on file(s) selected in the Files list: Download, Delete, Rename, Duplicate, Move, Copy, Share
- removing a collaborator
- requesting project restart
- requesting project stop
- running a command in the Files list mini-terminal
- setting the project title and description
- starting the project
By typing any string into the “Search log…” box, you can limit the log entries displayed to those that contain your search text. This way, you can search for events relating to a specific file, user, action, etc.